At Earth Stewards, we believe in making healthy, organic choices easier and more accessible for everyday Kiwis.
Located in the heart of Hamilton, New Zealand, Earth Stewards is an Urban Farm specialising in sustainably grown, certified organic vegetables and fruit.
Making sustainable food choices doesn't need to be difficult. We exist to facilitate healthier communities, one veggie at a time.
No Dig / No-Till Method
This method of farming is fast becoming popular amongst conscience farmers who are looking for options that are both environmentally friendly and produce superior results.
The No-Dig method of farming revolves around the concept of disturbing the soil as little as possible throughout the sowing, growing and harvest process.
This allows the soil’s natural ecosystem of organisms to enrich the earth and in turn the vegetables.
Some Benefits of The No Dig Method:
- Carbon stays in the soil rather than being converted to CO2 by oxidation after cultivations.
- Minimal soil preparation needed to replant after harvesting.
- Decreased amounts of weeds, cutting down on farm maintenance time.
- Increased water holding capacity.
- A teaspoon of healthy organic soil contains more microbes than there are people on earth.